Try These 3 Insanely Easy Dinners Tonight!
Those first few weeks back are always chaotic and currently there is the added stress and uncertainty brought about by the Corona Virus.
No matter if you are teaching in person or remotely, at the end of a long day, someone is bound to ask “What’s for dinner?”
What’s for dinner?
Props to the more organized among us with meals planned, but you still have to cook and clean up. Those of us with less forethought will open and close the fridge a few times before deciding on grilled cheese and tomato soup.
No judgement – I have been in both those kitchens at one time or another.
Where is Nana when you need her?
Have we met?
Although I can’t come to your house and cook, and I don’t live in Florida, I can Help.
But first, I have two important things to tell you.
Two Important Things
- These are NOT recipes, they are more like magic formulas. They are very flexible and there is little to no measuring and little to no clean up.
- You need a slow cooker. Yes, I have heard of Instant Pots, I even have one and love it, but not for these dinners. You must use a tried and true old fashioned slow cooker, also known as a crock pot.
Nana’s Almost Famous Chicken
4 – 8 chicken breasts (depending on the size of your family and the size of your crockpot.
1 – 2 Packages of Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix , Zesty Italian Dressing Mix or Garlic and Herb Dressing Mix
1. Make small loose balls from aluminum foil approximately 1”. Layer on bottom of slow cooker.
2. Coat both sides of chicken breasts with dry salad dressing mix and paprika.
3. Lay on top of aluminum foil balls. You can put a few pieces on top of the others but don’t pack tight.
4. Turn on slow cooker and let cook 6-8 hours.
5. Carefully remove cooked chicken from slow cooker. It usually begins to fall apart.
6. Remove chicken from bones.
Best Barbeque Chicken
4 – 8 skinless boneless chicken breasts (depending on the size of your family and the size of your crockpot.
1 – 2 Bottles of good barbeque sauce like Sweet Baby Ray’s or Jack Daniels.
¼ – ½ cup brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker
3. Pour sauce mixture over chicken breasts
4. Cook 5-8 hours
5. Shred chicken breasts. The sauce may look watery but the shredded chicken will absorb it.
Serve over rice or on buns.
2 – 4 lbs. beef stew cubes
Bag of baby carrots
Bag of tiny potatos (or cut large potatoes into quarters.
- Sprinkle meat with garlic powder. Pour ketchup over meat until covered. (This can be done the night before)
- Put meat and vegetables in a bowl. Add a little more ketchup and mix.
- Put in slow cooker and cook 6-8 hours.
Add a jar of Au juis, brown or beef gravy during the last half hour.
If you try these non-recipes, or have some of your own, let me know in the comments below.